Release of goods for free circulation
Scope of application and effects
- Non-EU goods intended to be put on the Community market or intended for private use or consumption within the Community shall be placed under release for free circulation.
- Release of goods for free circulation shall imply
- the collection of any import duties;
- the collection of other excise charges, as provided for under the provisions in force;
- the application of commercial policy measures, restrictions and bans, in so far as they do not have to be applied at an earlier stage;and
- completion of the other formalities laid down in respect of the importation of goods.
- Release for free circulation shall confer on non-Community goods the customs status of Community goods.